Monday, March 11, 2013

Concentration so far....oops.

Right now I feel pretty successful with my concentration.  It has been fun for me to play around more this year with the pieces that I am producing, and it is nice for me personally to be able to feel fulfilled with my work and not have it be a huge source of stress (unlike last year).  This year I have been more thoughtful with my ideas and planning beforehand, and the media that I am working with this year lends itself perfectly to the exactness that I strived for last year but never could really achieve.  I feel like this concentration is much more 'me' and I like the work that I'm making except I think I might've forgotten how to paint and that makes me sad.

I still don't entirely know how to describe my concentration and I know it's not supposed to be media-based only, but I've sorta still been focused on the media rather than the concept behind it.  I feel that I have been working through and fleshing out two different styles of images.  The first is a more graphic and bold/black-and-white style, like the one of Isabelle dancing with the leaves and Sophie painting on herself.  The other style is more conceptual and as weird as a word this is, it seems more of a like 'gentle' way to combine the different photos I am using.  Ones in the second category that I am thinking of are ones like the bonfire in the library and Ally looking at herself in combination with the slide of an Alaskan sunrise.  When I look at them holistically, they still seem to flow well enough together.  The only problem is that I still have two more pieces left, it is already March 11, and I still have no idea which direction I want to end my concentration with.  And then I am also confused because the guy at OCAC selected the one I was least happy with, so now I really don't even know what to do with my remaining two....

These two are the ones I was talking about that are more graphic-y:

This one and the library one (I didn't have it on my computer) are more subtly mixed together:


This is the random one that Arthur DeBow picked...I don't know why..


No comments:

Post a Comment